Out for some Hot Dogs!

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by MADDOG, Nov 25, 2007.

1. MADDOG

MADDOG SRT Driver

Four Hot Dogs got together today, and had hot dogs with fries and drinks, out here in Portland.

We went to Roakes, an old fashioned hot dog stand that's been there probably before WWII, which is a landmark for those that like their footlong hotdogs and sausages Old School style.

Hankster, RogerK, aliens_300 and yours truly munched, talked then aliens got a joy ride in Hankster's MSRT8. He came back vowing to trade in his 300 Touring AWD for an SRT8.

Anyway, we had a good time and here's some pics for those that like 'em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MADDOG

MADDOG SRT Driver

Traditional Coney Island style foot longs, polish dawgs, all the fixin's (chili, slaw, Coney Island sauce, sauerkraut, onions, etc...whatever ya want) + their hamburgers are fantastic.

Whatever ya want in a dog style, you can get at Roakes.

We had a great time. Good food, friends and joy rides. <G>

3. Zodiak

Zodiak King Donkey

Awesome pics Maddog...Glad to see you had a great time....the hot dogs sound mmm mmm good!!! Thanks for the pics!!!:beerchug:

4. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

Very nice MD.

Thanks for making me and the wife home sick. lol

5. MADDOG

MADDOG SRT Driver

Thanks, Z!

cbloveday, I got mine off eBay...OEM SRT8 trunk badges. Got them for 21.95 each + shipping. They come with tape so putting them on only means getting down on the ground and picking the best spot to put them on. I pulled off the 300C badges and used the lines of the side molding to line them up and put them on.

Then, I pulled the side molding. If you want some tips and tricks on that, I'll post up a short How To in a separate thread.

You're welcome, Ron. Come back for a visit any time! <G>

6. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Don't lie you've tasted the Jason, Ryan and Drew hot dog with much satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tooth:

7. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Nice looking rides there, too!.

8. diegochrysler

Look at the wonderful overcast sky! I used to live in Vancouver, WA and work in Portland, OR. I graduated from the WAZZU branch campus there in Vancouver before they opened the new facility they are currently at. Miss the people, beer, cost of houses, but not the rain or blackice.:cold: I'll stay here in sunny/warm Southern California, where every morning I debate about putting shorts on or shorts on!:rofl2:

9. diegochrysler

Have to remove the molding!!!!!!! I did it and left it naked and love the look alot better. I even removed the SRT8 badge on the trunk. I replaced the stock grill with a black one and put the black BT SRT8 badge in it. I'm going to paint the rear wing black and put the black BT SRT8 badge on the rear as well. DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT:viking:

10. MADDOG

MADDOG SRT Driver

Thanks, Ozzie. It was a small gather. One of our bigger ones was a fall cruize to Mount St. Helens...48 cars and a Dakota R/T (the owner didn't want to get his custom Magnum dirty lol) and we had a great time with that one.

diego, I know what you mean. My family has lived in this area since the 1850's. I've lived elsewhere but always end up here. We do have our sunny days. I don't care if we NEVER get another ice storm, EVER!

11. diegochrysler

Ya, my parent's built their dream house on 3 acres in Brush Prairie and I did like it when I was in high school and college. I still visit friends throughout WA all the way up to Blaine! I not sure if you follow the Sonics at all, but Luke Ridnour the point guard for the Sonics was our ball boy and his dad was our high school basketball coach. The last time I saw Luke was before he was drafted by the Sonics. He is a real good kid!

12. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I was up in Portland, Beaverton, Vancouver, Wilsonville, and Gresham in August, September, and early October. Was in Everett, Burien, and Renton WA also.

Stayed in Lake Oswego and Renton.

Never heard of Roakes. It that at 921 Sw Morrison St? Googled it.

We'll have to hookup next year.

13. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

I was working in Wilsonville that day. Did get together with BUTWEET and a few others at TripleXXX in Issaquah.

14. MADDOG

MADDOG SRT Driver

Well, we'll have to get together, schedules permitting, next time you are in PDX.

We were at the "original" Roakes hot dog stand on McLoughlin in Milwaukie. I've never been to the one on Morrison.