Ripp Mods....Great Shop

Discussion in 'NorthEast' started by psi chick, May 22, 2008.

1. psi chick

psi chick New Member

For anyone in the NY/NJ area that's looking for a shop I would highly suggest Ripp Mods. I know they're not a vendor on here, but whatever. They're a good shop and people should know about them. They're located in Staten Island, so it's a trip but well worth it.

We were there today with my boyfriend's car. We've been there before, nothing new here. They did my race map on my old set up and have held lots of dyno days for us in the past. Phil, Ross and Perry are awesome guys and are freaking smart as hell.

Today my other half and I went down to get one of their 16g sst put in his car. His turbo was shot and he wanted to upgrade, and we've heard nothing but good things about this set up. So off we went. We were there most of the day with Phil who did all the work on the car. He not only swapped out the turbos, but also ripped out and re-did all his vacuum lines, fixed his tps sensor, tried to fix his bov (which is shot.....uh), and discovered oil leaking out of 234823 places in the engine bay, and then fixed all that.

Phil went above and beyond what he had to do, as he does with so many of his customers. Phil will also be building my motor over the winter, we priced it out and discussed it today. He gave me a great price for everything also.

Their website is www.rippmods.com you can read all about them and their shop there. Great guys and a great shop.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  2. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

do they CMR Tune? :happy:

3. psi chick

psi chick New Member

i'm not sure honestly, we all use piggy backs or ems systems. i woudl call them and ask. perry is their tuner there, he would be the one to ask. if it can be tuned, perry can tune it though.....