Thanks Kyle (Dookie)...

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by 1bad4dr, Aug 9, 2011.

1. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

A couple years ago I was in need of a better blower belt. I was having difficulties getting someone local to order the Gator belt in the size I needed, and Kyle had stepped up to the plate.

Kyle explained to me, in detail, the differences between the Goodyear Gator belt and the belts he uses (or can source). Needless to say, Kyle gauranteed that his belt supplier was much stronger than the GY Gator and would cost less and be delivered MUCH quicker...

Well, Kyle had the belt(s) to me within a few days and the cost was less. That's 2 out of 3. lol Not that I doubted Kyle, but was still curious about this belt of his.

Well 1) Kyle's belt last about 10K miles longer than the GY Gator AND it certainly stood up against some very tough odds. Let me explain...

The Techco pulley design SUCK ASS!!! The tensioner pulley is not in line with the Crank or Blower pullies (by about 3mm). This causes a groove on the back rib of the belt. The GY Gator would last only 7 - 9K miles and then would snap in half.

Kyle's belt had the same behavior (the grooving), but with different results. You see, a couple weekends ago I noticed (as did a few other members of the LX family) that my belt had jumped one rib. So I finally had time this afternoon to get under the hood and attempt to put the belt back in place. Well I then decided to go ahead just replace the belt with my spare. When I got the old belt off, I put it side by side with the new belt and noticed that the new belt was a bit wider than the old belt. WTF? lol So I counted the ribs. Yup, the old belt was running with only 7 ribs rather than the 8 ribs. haha

I was amazed that the belt did not snap in half when it lost the one rib.

So Kyle, I owe you a HUGE thank you and some more money for another belt. lol I like to have a spare in the trunk for just in case...

If you have a blower and need a great quality belt, I highly recommend that you get them from Kyle (that is if Kyle is willing to do this?).

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER Moderator

So, why did it take 2 yrs for you to thank Kyle.....:bottom:

3. 07norcalsrt8

07norcalsrt8 I'm So Screwed

I am at 24k on my Techco and belt. And the belt looks still good. I do plan on changing it when I pull the blower to redo the powercoat on the runners and powdercoat the front horn..

4. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

what about for a Vortech. I seem to be the king of tearing up belts?

5. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

but do you absolutely, without abandon, mercy, or forgiveness beat the living shit out of your car???? lol

having driven with ron on some new mexico mountain roads i started to wonder if he truly did not like his car............lol

as for the belts from kyle....... yep, i got two from him and am still using he original one!!!

6. Dookie

Dookie Foe twenny sics

Toll ya Ron...:thongue2:
    No thanks needed my man, glad they work well for you. Still have your history in the system and know what you need.

Bando is committed to quality, made in USA, Germany, and Japan.

Bando is also the brand of choice to many OEM's, one you may know...Crank This Performance. ;)

If you need a belt for ANY application, contact Cam, and he will take good care of you in determining your needs, he does have a small inventory, and any he doesn't have can be dropped shipped direct to your door.

The company I work for is primarily a wholesale industrial supply company, and really has no interest in pursuing vendor status here or any other forums, so I committed to CTP as my dealer.

Contact Cam at CTP for any inquiries.

7. Speedy

Speedy Blown by Speedlogix

Thank you boys, I tore off my belt this spring and put my spare on so now I don´t have a spare...

Fredrik