Tomorrow is a very special person's birthday

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by Mains, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

My brother came into this world on December 4th 1976, born with down syndrome the outlook at that time was not so great. Born with a hole in his heart and what they (doctors) believed was a waste of time syndrome. They advised my parents to place him into a home and move on. Well as you can see my parents did not go that route. His will be 31 tomorrow, teaches dance classes, works part time at a local store, and now has been in semi-independent living. I am proud of the SOB beyond words could accurately describe.

Happy bday Greg! :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjSVsYtbbJM
    watch this video, he is the third clip in at about 1 minute.

2. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Wow Congrats and Happy Birthday :thumb:

3. 1bad4dr

1bad4dr Mr. Meany

I am certainly GLAD that your parents did not listen to those DIP SHIT doctors. I have actually met Greg (did not know he was your brother until this moment) and he is a wonderful person. So full of energy and happiness. It truely shows what a caring and loving family Greg has.

Happy Birthday Greg Mains.

4. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

WOW Chris. Your family should be proud. We had a cousin that had downs. My mother's 1st cousin. They had Missy in there late 40's. The doctor's said the same thing in the 50's. My great Aunt Rose, Missy's grandmother, said no way. They proved the doctors wrong in oh so many ways. They lived in Carmel Valley and Missy would allways greet me by my name and a big hug. That was in 1968. I've lost track of that part of the family. My great aunt Rose and mom's cousin have since passed. Missy had a brother who was 27 in 68 and was a Lt. with the Pacific Grove fire dept. After I became more aware of what downs was, my aunt became a saint in my eyes.

Happy Birthday Greg

5. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Well, pass along my Happy Birthday wishes to your brother!

I couldn't pull the video up, but will try when I'm at home.

Overall, I'm glad that his life has been fulfilling and will continue to be so into the distant future.

Happy Birthday Pal!

6. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

MAINS that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and your family have truely been blessed with GREG. I believe GOD will never challenge us with something we can't handle. GREG's story is one not only for the Holidays, but an everyday eye opener! When someone cuts us off on the freeway, when we complain about money, being overweight, friends, family, work, things people jokingly say on a forum :whistle: and almost any negative thing that happens! Not only your parent's but your family are truely an example for all.

:birthday: to the GREGGER on his 31st, may he bless your family and all those involved in his life for many years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Thanks for sharing that. Very cool. Happy birthday to Greg!!

8. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

the best post on the C to date .. congrats and happy birthday to greg!

9. HEMISFEAR

HEMISFEAR Ur Friendly Canadian

Give Greg a big happy SRTC hug from me...!! And then smack yourself up the head too please. Thanks you. Happy B-Day GREG!!!

10. LegMaker

LegMaker LMI - LegMakerIntakes

a huge happy birthday to your brother greg from the entire legmaker family!!! i am never amazed at the poor advice some docs will give to families in situations like this!!!! if i had a nickel for every time i have had patients come across my plate that were told amputation would not be good, but opted for it anyway and now lead a much more productive life!!! hats off to your parents and especially your brother!!!!

11. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!!!

I am glad to hear hes doing so well!...hope you guys party it up! woooo haha