Turkey Day Plans and Thanks!

Discussion in 'The SRTConnection Lounge' started by MotherMopar, Nov 19, 2007.

1. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

OK folks. The big day is nearly upon us. In the tradition of tight-knit community that we're bringing here from "the forum of which we shall not speak", let's hear your Thanksgiving Day plans, AND... what you're thankful for!

I'll go first. My wife, in-utero child and I are heading to Rick's neighbors for dinner. I can only assume that since Rick has a hand in the festivities, that there will be a turkey dinner that will live in infamy for all time! My wife is planning desert, with some pumpkin pie concoction. Rick can fill in the chow details.

What I'm thankful for (not in any order, per se): The health and well being of my family and friends & soon to be born son. Special appreciation to Rick and his family for being our family in San Diego, Drew and his wife for being great friends, Ryan for being a great coworker and pal. For my two pooches. For my job and my BAD ASZ MOPAR! To name just a few as I'm blessed in many ways.

A special prayer for this holiday to our neighbors and friends, who recently found out that the wife's mother has stage IV cancer... a similar situation to what my Dad experienced and eventually succumbed to on December 3, 2006.

2. ChargerGirl

ChargerGirl Mama / DB Geek / Driver

Ah, another good thread idea. :thumb2:

Marc and I are driving down to San Jose for another Thanksgiving with his folks. Probably going to vegetate the rest of the weekend. :happy:

As for what I'm thankful for..

My wonderful and patient husband, Marc, my brother who's going back to Iraq next month, my mom even though she talks my ear off, my in-laws for being warm, wonderful people, all of my car buddies on LXforums and especially all of you guys here, all the awesome things that owning my car has allowed me to do in the past year and last for the success of my latest project, which I look forward to officially announcing in a week and a half. :clap:

3. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

MOMO I love you man!

No joking here!

I'm thankful the man upstairs has giving me two healthy children (pictured in my signature Andruw & Naomy), a loving wife (at times, sorry couldn't help it!), our health, wonderful parent's/in-laws/family, a good job I actually like, a home, no need to worry about where our next meal is going to come from, a roof over our head, all those who share the same passion for SRT's & all vehicle's. Their is tons to give thanks for I could spend all night listing them and I would still forget things.

I would like to thank all of you especially Jason, Rick, Drew, Ron and the SRT Connection Crew for a world only we can enjoy and understand. I will be spending Turkey Day with MA & PA in Oceanside, CA.

I wish the best to all of you as well as a safe Holidays to last your lifetime.

Take care and GOD bless all of you! :clap::dancing::beerchug:

4. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

all very well said!

5. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

You spelled Andrew wrong....

6. Stretch

OK, Ok... one serious post won't hurt I guess...
    Good points fellas. Gotta thank the Big Guy upstairs for sure! Our health, great friends and family members for another year.... and RETIREMENT!!! Whoo-Hooo... well at least for a month... till the next job starts!

7. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Lawry's Prime Rib in Las Vegas. Cindy and I will be joined by friends from the Sacramento area. We are their son's god parents.

We have to be working at a very large Chevy store Friday morning. Going early is easier on Cindy and I. This will be our 4th year doing this.

Would rather be home.

8. MotherMopar

MotherMopar The One, The Only... MOMO

Now let's hear from YOU!

9. Stretch

... also thankful for all the manwhores who make mod money possible!

10. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

What im thankful for is being able to live in a country as great as this and thankful for the men and women who fight so hard for us to enjoy this freedom we so much enjoy and letting us chat online with each others and talk about cars.:usflag:

Im also thankful that i have my family and friends
    my health (well whats left of it):thumb:

and last
    im thankful i havent gone into the tires in turn one after putting the skittle in a sideways slide each time:erm:

11. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

Ron and I will be spending the day at home... Him in front of the computer or playing his PS3... Me, in the kitchen cooking...

What I am thankful for... Ron. His family. Our health and happiness. My daughter. Our friends (this includes all of you guys!!)

I'm not going to mention the car or the truck, cause the fact remains that even if we didn't have them or the house... As long as we have each other nothing else would matter!!

12. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

Nicely put Maureen

13. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

Thanks Nevin!! I've been telling Ron that for years!!! :happy:

14. diegochrysler

diegochrysler Jose"GR8CHORIZO"Jalapeno

Berry Berry True,

You do have to admit that it is nice to have two (2) SRT's to fly around town in!

15. mrssrt10

mrssrt10 New Member

It is nice... but, it's just one of the "perks"!!! It's not what matters the most! :friends: :happy:

16. The "Reverend" CoolFlo

The "Reverend" CoolFlo 300C - C = Classy!!

coming from a very large italian family the holidays are very very hectic ... ie: I have 4 x-mas dinners at 4 different homes ...

so for thanksgiving I go to my parents house with my brother and sister and the 2 dogs ... my mom and sister put out an amazing spread .. my brother, father and I will play with a car in the garage, watch football and drink .. go inside, pick at something they finished cooking, more football, eating, nap, dessert, football, bed ... and thats it .. a day of relaxation and family.

black friday I will not go near a mall ... every black friday my family and I go to breakfast .. then go to a x-mas tree farm in western PA to search for the perfect xmas tree and cut that bitch down ourselves ... this of the Griswalds in X-Mas Vacation .. but the italian version ... hey ma .. look at this fukin tree .. wudda you kiddin? that trees a piece a shit haha

later black friday, detailing my car ... pics to follow ...

as always I am thankful for my family and friends .... happiness and laughter are so underrated in this world and I have come to realize to not take as much seriously ... so for that ... I am definitely surrounded by some of the best family and friends possible ...

i am appreciative of the employees that work hard for my family and I .. I am appreciative of their families as well. Some of these guys are like family to me, some of them are father figures as they have been around since I was a kid ...

i am appreciative of my life ... sometimes I think life really sucks or hands you a shitty deal ... but I am fortunate to many ... I look at how some people are/how they are living and I hurt for them ... I hurt for the people whose lives are taken from them early or before they are able to even live their lives ... for those reasons, no matter what goes wrong with our days ... we always should smile cuz tomorrow is another day and thats better then some people can say .....

I am thankful for you guys ... many of you are friends and most you are excellent for a good laugh ..

i hope you all have a happy and safe holiday ..

wednesday night is the biggest bar night in the world so please be careful driving.

17. Mains

Mains Pobody's Nerfect

Katelynn has emergency dental work to be done today, so most likely dealing with that over the holiday. But plan on going over to my parents wearing pj pants and a wife beater and slumming it up there