wtf srt8 guys?

Discussion in 'NorthEast' started by markus, Nov 20, 2007.

1. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

why is it whenever i see a fellow srt8 they never give me the time of day? do they not realize they are driving a pretty rare care with an extremely dedicated fanbase?? i live literally right up the street from a guy w/a black csrt. waved hi, gave him a rev, flashed the lights..nothin. right down main st theres a guy w/a gcsrt, on 2 occasions i gave him a rev and a wave......nothin :furious: today i was on 295 when what do i stumble upon? a fellow csrt going the same direction as me. gave him a beep and a wave...nothing then a couple miles up the road i pass a gcsrt. needless to say nothin. hard to miss me, big black fast and loud as hell....of course they were all in the slow lane going like 4mph. at least the srt4 guys around me (which theres alot of) will pull up along side and say "hey nice srt" and ill say "hey you too brother". does anybody else experience this? why cant they all be like you guys? oh yeah, there was this one hot girl in a red charger......:deshade:

2. Stretch

Stretch Silver Supporting Members

Seems like when I first got my Charger, every Charger, 300, SRT4, etc, always waved, or flashed me back. Now, with a lot more of them being on the road, the friendly acknowledgement is not nearly as noticable as it was. Seems like five out of six Chargers now has a Mom or Dad driving their kids somewhere (no offense ladies) and they are concentrated on the road and it's just another means of transportation to them. I also see a lot of Charger rental cars and most of those could care less I guess.

3. markus

markus Silver Supporting Members

this is true, but im talking about srt8's. why buy an srt8 jeep unless you know what your getting? its not they type of truck to take muddin. not very fuel efficient for haulin the kids back and forth to soccer. why get a csrt? the 300c offers the same comfort and an abundance of power? you would think one would get these because they know its got standout power and they are pretty rare cars. a charger i can see all sorts of ppl getting that: from kids to adults. its mean as hell lookin and fast as hell to boot.

4. Stretch

Ya, you would think there would be some sort of "SRT Bond" there somewhere!? I've been pretty lucky, every SRT I've "flashed" has always returned the favor except for one and she must have been one of Ryan's cousins with the yellow tag...Lol!

5. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

Alot of 300C SRT8 owners drive them like regular cars. Doesn't mean anything to them. I've encountered a couple of SRT Design cars. One looked just like mine, chrome wheels and all. I was lined up at al light with him. He looked the other way. Not to say that's not a normal encounter for most cars. LOL

Don't lose your enthusiasm. You might not wave back at the next one that waves at you. I don't wave that much, unless I'm waved at first, and sometimes you just don't have time.

6. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

i have more problems with R/T guys than SRT guys...all the SRT guys i have ever run across have been pretty pumped to see another SRT...they are very rare to see around where i live...and when i say rare...i mean the only 2 SRT's that live around here are my car and a Viper...i usually see them up by where i work because theres a major highway right there...

7. StevoSRT

StevoSRT Moderator

now that i think about it...people up here in the north east (that i have seen) are either REALLY into things (could be SRT's/Stangs/GM products whatever)...or they just drive it cause thats their car and dont really care...there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of middle ground with people here...and sadly...the amount of people who really seem to give a crap about their cars are few and far between...which sucks cause it would be sweet to have people around like the guys down in AZ and CA to hang out with...

8. nevinsrt

nevinsrt Getaway driver for hire

I have the same experience with 8s out in town and one 4 on base here in ABQ
    Honk, rev, wave, flash and all i get is a FU look

or just get ignored like when you wave to ron LOL :fear: :grin:

9. Raland

Raland Full Access Member

The people who fail to respond are probably low octane types bought the SRT because they always buy the best of everything without any knowledge of what they really have. Seem to happen more with 300's being the "luxury" car.
    You can spot car people, they're looking 360 degrees 24/7/365. That 330 is gaining on me, that looks like an EVO, is that silver crown vic undercover..

If they ain't looking, they ain't livin...

10. nevinsrt

I always wave
    the misses sometimes calls me dumb when it ends up bing a neon with a different bumper

11. Stretch

LMAO... hit the nail on the head there... saw an old lady on a bicycle look like she was starting to pedal a little faster this morning... has to roast her!

12. HalV48

HalV48 They Call Me Patron

One of my favorite sayings is "High Performance Car, Low Performance Driver". Many of them drive AMG's too.

13. nevinsrt

I knw im always looking :sweat:

14. Stretch

Sooooooo true! Lol!

15. nevinsrt

Yup !!! :rofl2:

16. Raland

Raland Full Access Member

LMAO! Anytime two objects are moving, there has got to be a winner and a loser!
    I was doing some calculations at a red light trying to figure out how many cars I'd have to spot a guy walking on the sidewalk at 3.6 miles per hour!

17. Stretch

Evil minds think alike! I was driving the wife's minivan the other day... with glasses and a hat so the guys wouldn't recognize me, and I STILL had to make sure I was beating everyone off the line at the lights! Thought I was going to blow the hampsters up when a Mustang pulled up... good thing it was a six banger...

18. nevinsrt

OMG LMFAO :hmm:

19. nevinsrt

so did u get the stang, and blow up the hampster:hmm::rofl2:

20. Stretch

Oh... she was toast baby! Good thing she didn't really want to race. It would have been a little rough explaining to the little woman how I blew up her car...Lol! "I don't know dear.... it just stopped running.... "